Thursday, April 12, 2012

Museum Box

A group 4 tool that I heard about at the beginning of the year is Museum Box. This can be found at http://museumbox.e2bn.org/.

It presents as a visually exciting way of presenting objects and ideas via text, images (your own or from their files), audio and video. These can be uploaded for marking/viewing if you are from a school on their registration list.

To be honest, I thought this would be a great way to illustrate and explain the few posessions that my great, great, great grandfather arrived in Australia with in 1843. In reality I have struggled with creating a cube with 1 side text and 5 sides photos from Museum Box files. It has taken me 2 attempts and 2 hours. Now I can't even find a link to it! I uploaded it to the "marker" at Museum Box and haven't seen it again. I guess this ensures that Boxes being published comply with ethical and safety policies and are vetted before being made public.

I know that I would need more practice to want to use this in a classroom setting. I can see it being more useful in a Secondary setting where students literacy and computer skills could help them more than Primary.

My reality today was that I could have achieved better results with a real box, writing, drawing and going on a treasure hunt in a classroom or around the school to find relevant items!

For me, I'll put Museum Box in the "I know it's there but I need more work on it" box for now!

1 comment:

  1. Struggling with difficult physics concepts and tight deadlines? Our experienced team provides accurate, well-researched, and plagiarism-free assignments tailored to your academic requirements. A physics assignment help Expert can simplify complex topics, solve numerical problems, and ensure your work meets university standards. Whether you need help with mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity, or quantum physics, we deliver high-quality solutions on time. Improve your grades and gain a better understanding of physics with professional academic assistance you can trust.

    ReplyDelete