On Moodle some of our ICT introductions have a Voki. These are animated characters that speak (text or recorded voice). I assumed that a PhD in Computing may be required to create one but no!
My daughters each had a friend over and I snuck off to try the Voki website out http://www.voki.com/mywebsite.php . Within 5 minutes I had a cluster of 4 children (ages 7-10 years) around me completely enthralled. They each wanted a voki of themselves and especially liked the characters under 'oddball'. Also a hit was the 'animated' background and text recording. Slight changes needed to be made in spelling to make words phonetically accurate - asked needed to be typed in as ASSKED.
Initially I thought that Vokis would only be useful as a hook to catch student's attention as part of a topic introduction. However, given my audience reaction and the relative ease of use I would like to try it with children publishing their own stories (100 words max). I think that setting a time limit on character set up would be useful because otherwise that part could take all day!
The Vokis that I made today are:
http://www.voki.com/php/viewmessage/?chsm=48252b3abd885c6f65de0f11477182f6&mId=1157847
and
http://www.voki.com/php/viewmessage/?chsm=550ddd749911d3276c62f572bdb744f7&mId=1158013
I also made one up of my son saying 'I must get a haircut' and emailed it to him at boarding school. He text straight back so it definitely was attention grabbing!
As an aside I did try Monk-e-maker at www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail . This was fun but probably more suited to peer groups like Professional Development rather than the classroom. Again I sent one to my son which he loved.
Managing coursework and deadlines can be challenging for students. Professional guidance helps simplify complex economic concepts and improves the quality of assignments. Economic assignment help provides well-structured, plagiarism-free solutions tailored to academic requirements, making it easier to understand theories, data analysis, and real-world applications. With expert assistance, students can submit high-quality work on time while strengthening their knowledge and confidence in economics for better academic performance and long-term success.
ReplyDelete